Inagural Meeting January 2015
The Villages becomes renowned for its extensive use of native plants and award winning native plant landscapes.
Membership: Goal Met: 100 paid memberships by year end
The goal of 100 paid members was met during the July 24, 2015 meeting.By the end of November, 2015 we had110 memberships.
Residential Native Landscapes: Goal Met: Ten conversions by year end
Education: All Met: Goal:Ten regular monthly presentations; Two “how to” workshops; Six field trips
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Field Trips
Visibility: Goal Met: Six spotlights for native plants by local media
- Two articles spotlight native plants - Interview of Our President/
- In Depth Garden discussed ten natives that do well in our area.
- "Select the Right Milkweed for your Butterfly Garden"
- Villagers Going Native
Villages Chapter of Floreida Native Plant Society is fastest growing chapter in the state
- Enjoy Nature's Show this Fall, Daily Sun, by
Lloyd Singleton, Extension Agent
Florida-Friendly Landscaping™/Urban Horticulture
UF/IFAS Sumter County
- Native Plant Garden Ecosystems are catching on among Villagers
- Villages couple leading new local chapter of Florida Native Plant Society
- New chapter of Florida Native Plant Society forming in The Villages
The Daily Commercial has articles on Florida Native Flowers and Ground Covers by our local extension agents:
- Florida Wildflowers by Juanita Popenoe
- Sunshine Mimosa by Brooke Mofis
- Frog Fruit by Lloyd Singleton More about Frog Fruit by Steve Turnipseed, President, The Villages Florida Native Plant Society.
Turf - Turf advances the growth, environmental outreach and profitability of the turf and landscape industry by providing green industry company owners and other industry professionals with cutting-edge information.
Landscape Design Goes Native Lindsey Getz, September 2013, Turf
Supply: Goal Met: Five nurseries that carry and feature native plants and three that perform native plant landscape designs and installs.
We have six local nurseries with Green Isles doing design and install.
Phone: 352-674-8385 Email: email@example.com
The Villages Chapter FNPS Officers
President: Stephen Turnipseed 352-674-8385
Vice-President of Programs: Kathy Porter
Vice-President of Field Trips: Georgette Gerry
Secretary: Jeanie Powell
Treasurer: Mary Jeanne Walsh
Chapter rep: Vacant
Web: Barbara Wertz firstname.lastname@example.org
FNPS Annual Conterence
May 19-22 at the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center