Incorporate Native Plants into your Landscape
Links to help you plan your yard. Find something helpful? Contact us so it can be posted here.
In Jo's Yard - Jo blogs about her experiences creating a Florida native yard.
Need a landscape plan? See our "Native Landscape Project"
COLLABORATIVE OUTSIDE Pattern Book
The 9 Principles Of Florida-friendly Landscaping
Design YouTube Playlist
Help Transforming Your Yard
- Learn about The Villages Architectural Review Committee
- Florida Law Protecting our Right to Plant Natives.
- Take a Clue from the Common Areas, article by Steve Turnipseed, TVFNPS President
- Replacing Turfgrass with Florida-Friendly Plants
- Selecting Plants for Pollinators
- Installation Success Tips - Whether you are planting yourself or have a contractor do the work, become familiar with these suggestions from Native Plant Consulting.
- Cold Hardiness of Central Florida Plants (Survey Results from our members)
- Craig Huegel Blog - There Were No Fences - Follow him as he creates a new native plant yard almost from scratch.
- Rain Gardens
- Avoid Invasive Plants
Maintaining Your Yard
- COLLABORATIVE OUTSIDE How To Videos
- Winter Pruning Tips
- Feb 2018 Meeting: Spring Landscape Maintenance: Recovering from the Freeze
- Master Gardeners help residents take care of their landscape.
We have some information on Florida native plants. See our Resources/Plants list for a more comprehensive listing.
Learn about invasive plants.
Attracting Wildlife especially about Butterflies
FNPS Blog Articles of Interest
- The Not So Tidy Yard, March 19, 2016, FNPS
From Turf Grass to Native Plants
Steve Turninseed, The Villages Chapter Florida Native Plant President and Founder has converted his yard from builder landscaping to over one hundred native plants, reducing his water useage and turf grass. See how he did it.
- Florida Native Plants (Florida Native Plant Society)
- Village's residents attract wildlife with their native plants.
- Landscaping for Butterflies