Incorporate Native Plants into your Landscape
Help Transforming Your Yard
- Need a landscape plan? See our "Native Landscape Project"
- Learn about The Villages Architectural Review Committee
- Take a Clue from the Common Areas, article by Steve Turnipseed, TVFNPS President
- Replacing Turfgrass with Florida-Friendly Plants
- Installation Success Tips - Whether you are planting yourself or have a contractor do the work, become familiar with these suggestions from Native Plant Consulting.
- Cold Hardiness of Central Florida Plants (Survey Results from our members)
- Craig Huegel Blog - There Were No Fences - Follow him as he creates a new native plant yard almost from scratch.
Maintaining Your Yard
- Winter Pruning Tips
- Feb 2018 Meeting: Spring Landscape Maintenance: Recovering from the Freeze
- Master Gardeners help residents take care of their landscape.
Attracting Wildlife especially about Butterflies
FNPS Blog Articles of Interest
- The Not So Tidy Yard, March 19, 2016, FNPS
From Turf Grass to Native Plants
Steve Turninseed, The Villages Chapter Florida Native Plant President and Founder has converted his yard from builder landscaping to over one hundred native plants, reducing his water useage and turf grass. See how he did it.
- Florida Native Plants (Florida Native Plant Society)
- Village's residents attract wildlife with their native plants.
- Landscaping for Butterflies